Academic Literacy Project (ALP)
ALP is an ESU 10 Professional Development series that focuses on helping teachers become familiar with implementing research-based literacy strategies that will increase student achievement for learners in all classrooms.
Connect with the ESU 10 YouTube Channel, where you can view ESU 10 teachers using the research-based literacy strategies from the Academic Literacy Project trainings.
The following links detail the research that Dr. Feldman’s workshops will be based upon:
- Improving Adolescent Literacy (Core Source for Research)
- Writing to Read
- Harvard Achievement Gap Initiative: How High Schools Become Exemplary
- Link to Oregon Professional Development Vocabulary Resources
- Prefixes and Suffixes in Science
- Vocabulary Building with Roots
- Personal Best by Atul Gawande
- Vocab Graphic Organizer
- How We Learn. The Usefulness of Brief Instruction in Reading Comprehension Strategies
- Paragraph Shrinking
- Personal Best – Gawande Article